The primary purpose of a logo is to establish brand recognition, helping consumers remember the name of your business and the services or products that you offer.
Logos can inspire people, instill trust and admiration or express product or service superiority. A logo can also state what kind of products or services you sell.
A memorable logo establishes a sense of unique identity for your business and helps differentiate you from your competitors.
In general, your logo should embody the following key rules:
- The mission of your logo is to portray the values and goals of your company.
- Fonts should be simple and easy to read.
- Use simple graphics as attention-getting elements of the logo that are easy for customers to grasp and remember.
- Find colors to fit the emotional feel of the company eg. green works well for a peaceful look and feel, while red will express confidence and a go-getting attitude.
- Make sure that the logo is not dated but can be used effectively year after year.
- Keep in mind it is how consumers will recognise your company.
Does your logo follow these key rules?
If your answer is no, it may be time to consider strengthening your brand strategy and looking at a new logo to re-position your business.